Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pie Loves Her Friend

Bosco lets Pie play rough. I finally got some good pictures. But first, some pictures of playing with a toy.

After many weeks of training, Bosco finally perfected the trick of balancing this toy on his nose.


Bosco lets Pie play rough. He is a very good boy. They both enjoy playing, and they take turns starting it. Their play never escalates into someone getting mad. When Fancy and Pie play, Fancy usually ends up getting mad and ending the games. Bosco and Pie play until they take a break, then they play some more!
Let the games begin!
A funny Pie face.

Another funny Pie face.
Ouch!



It looks like Pie is having a nap, but Boscoe has actually just knocked her down, and she is in the process of getting up....


And getting back at him!

We aren't done playing yet!
A funny Bosco face.


Sometimes Bosco gets the upper hand.


Bosco will sometimes just take off running. And he is fast! They make a loop behind the shed. I think he looks like a champion barrel racer. Notice Pie's ears right behind him.





Add Image
Bosco is so patient, because some times I think Pie's play is excessively rough. Like when she grabs him by the loose skin on the side of his face and shakes back and forth like a terrier. Hard. They also like to chase and he rolls her quite often, which they both seem to enjoy. Some of the photos are grainy. No doubt due to me shooting into the sun.
You may notice neither one has a collar. Two reasons for this. One is Pie grabs Bosco's collar and drags him around by it, and although he puts up with it, it doesn't look like fun. Pie's collar is like a necklace, and under rough play it flips over her head and might get lost.
The second reason is, as Morgan and McDuff taught us, collars on dogs durring play can be dangerous. Morgan got his canine stuck in McDuff's collar, and McDuff was almost killed. I believe he was revived by some mouth to snout heroics from Dad. Good job Dad!

And finally, a picture of Pie and her ribbons from last weekend. The big red ones are title ribbons. You can tell she doesn't mind posing for me since here ears are up. I told her to put her head down, so don't think it's down because she is sad. She is happy to pose for me. Plus, she gets a treat.


2 comments:

MTGSDRescue said...

OOOOHHH!!! What cute pics, you and Pie are really going to miss having Bosco around...she is going to be soooo bored and is going to make you PAY for finding him another home...grin!!!

No One said...

My favorite of them two is the second from last...so much so I made it my desktop background...but I am fickle so it will probably change in a couple of days.

Hope you are safe and warm "wherever" you are ;) Say "hi" to my birthland for me.