Thursday, July 18, 2013

ffluffy and Dottie Do USDAA

Since I knew ffluffy was going to be here, and I knew I was going to be at work, I had ffluffy run Dottie at the USDAA trial over the weekend.  I entered her in Gambler's as a warm up, and Standard because she needs legs for her MAD, and Snooker because she needs Super Qs for her ADCH. 

ffluffy reports Dottie was crazy in Gambler's but didn't try to run out of the ring or anything.  She said the Standard course was super difficult and although Dottie was good, she had an off course and didn't qualify.  For Snooker, I arrived in time to watch.  Dottie qualified with a third place, but no Super Q because she took something ffluffy didn't expect her to take, and she couldn't stick with the plan.  She looked good, but a little slow.  ffluffy said she thought her back hurt. 

As the evening wore on, it became apparent that whatever had happened to her last time she couldn't run at agility had happened again.  She was more sore the next day so we pulled her from all her runs.  She felt better on Monday, but I took her to the vet to see if they could figure it out.  He couldn't find any pain, but sent us away with some pain meds and advised us to not overdo it in Big Bear.  I think it is either her lower back, or possibly a groin type muscle injury.  The vet thinks a muscle injury since she felt better on Monday and a back injury wouldn't heal that quickly.

Poor Dottie.  I hope this isn't a recurring injury, but with 2 instances already, it seems to be heading that way.

No comments: