Monday, July 15, 2013

4th of July Trial

I trialed for 3 days over the 4th.  I like the location because even though it is over an hour away, it is under a huge horse arena on top of a hill so even when it is hot outside, we are always in the shade, and there is occasionally a breeze.

I had to drive home Friday after the trial to return a guest dog, but after that I planned to "camp" (aka sleep in my car) in the parking lot.  That went pretty well.  Lots of room in the mini-van!

This was one of my best agility weekends ever!  Fancy had a double Q the one day she was entered, Pie double Qed both days she was entered, and even Dottie got one double Q and then two additional jumpers leg the days she didn't double Q.  But the biggest news is all of the dogs took first place in all of their runs!  I've never had a pure blue weekend.

Good dogs!

All blue, and 4 QQs also!

Who needs an RV when you have this set up?  Dottie has claimed the "bed."

The really cool campers.

Pie checks in.

Sunset at the agility trial.  As seen from our parking spot.


Muffin being small and cute and not taking up a lot of room.

Fancy and Dottie's leg sleeping.

Comfie.

Fancy the next day at the trial waving and barking for a treat.

















Camping in the mini-van isn't something I would want to do every weekend, but it saved on gas and a hotel cost.  I think the dogs enjoyed it a bit more than I did.

No comments: