Thursday, September 8, 2011

New Camera

I used ebay for the first time to bid on a camera, and I got it! It is a used Nikon D80 10.2 Digital SLR with a 18-135 mm Nikon AF lens. I also bought another zoom lens separately. I used a similar camera belonging to a friend to take some shots at an agility trial and I was really impressed. Sadly, I don't (yet) know about F/Stops and aperture settings, but when I used her camera I used it all manual and the pictures still came out great. For now I will use this one the same way. Maybe I'll learn something.

The Canon PowerShot will still be my primary hiking and every day camera. This one will be for portraits and action shots at agility and SchH trials.

I think using ebay allowed me to get a good deal. I got it for about $100 less than the cheapest one selling used on Amazon and I could "buy with confidence" seeing the seller's 100% positive feedback rating. I got it under the "buy it now" price and it is way, way, way cheaper than a new model.

I don't expect to start going crazy using ebay because I actually didn't like the bidding. I wanted a good deal, but I would have been happier using the "buy it now" feature. Someone tried to outbid me in the last 20 seconds. Crazy. But I was ready for them. And I emerged triumphant (evil laughing.)

So I'm happy with my purchase. Can't wait for it to get here so I can start taking some pictures!

1 comment: