Monday, January 3, 2011

Training Flake

I was too lazy to go to Schutzhund training tonight. I'm disappointed in myself, but my dogs are disappointed even more so, with the possible exception of Fancy since all she does is sit in the car.

I wrote a poem about it: (ahem-)

I was too lazy to go to training today-
I stayed home, wishing it was the warm month of May.
Come trial day, every exercise we horribly failed-
And it was all my fault because on training I bailed.

Here is the situation from Pie's point of view-

Today was very boring
My owner was snoring.
We did not do anything fun,
And I did not get to run.
However, it might not be all bad,
I did not have to bite that guy (biting kind of makes me sad.)
Instead we stayed home
And I chewed on a ball and made lots of foam.

(I took the ball away from Pie- foam and all...)

And a gem from Dottie:

Today was bad
No fun to be had.
No biting.
No fighting.
I had my revenge
By being very annoying.

I know that does not rhyme but don't blame me, Dottie wrote it.

And Fancy is too sophisticated to go in for rhyming poetry:

I sit in the car
Alone.
Tears in my heart
But not in my eyes
Then I get some cheese
Or a hot dog bite
and I remember I don't
Like to work anyway
Except if I am bribed with food
and my heart sings with the
Joy of a
Yummy Snack.

Apparently she didn't get the memo we are not going to training. No
yummy snack to make her heart sing tonight.


Was this really a good use of my time? I really should have gone to training!

Coming up next time- more Christmas info, New Years Eve remembered and Pie Mach News!

2 comments:

Older and Wiser said...

How about a hound haiku on the this topic?

Three Dog Days said...

I'll wait for yours because I don't think I'm sophisticated enough for a haiku.