Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Schutzhund Training Videos

The Schutzhund training videos from Sunday.

Pie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F4dzw40Y5o

Dottie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KU29tKHtYM

I am happy to see that even when the girls get corrected, their tails never stop wagging.

We trained again Monday afternoon and Pie was... not quite as docile as normal. She was so excited and so into her work she wasn't listening very well. During the transport before we got into position she was actually quivering with anticipation.

For those who don't know- I'm leaving for Mississippi for my job for 2 months. I'm bringing the dogs. I'm starting to get anxious and I am lucky because that is an unusual state for me. In order to no longer be anxious, I've made a list of all the things I need to do before I leave and I've started moving things I'm going to take into my spare room. I can't start loading the trailer until a day before I leave due to laws about leaving it parked on the street. I feel better already.

Today the weather is beautiful and warm! Fancy is at the groomer's getting a haircut (can't take a dirty dog on a trip.) I'm going to have some lunch (left over from the club BBQ!) then sit outside and enjoy the sun, then cross some more items off my list by getting my car's oil changed and the coolant replaced. A full day a head of me (and probably not that thrilling to read about.)

Note: I also hope to squeeze in a jog and track all three dogs. There is a tracking test in Northern CA April 10th. Can I be ready for that? Can I get my dogs certified while I'm in MS??

No comments: