Sunday, January 16, 2011

BBQ and SchH Training

Today was a great day of Schutzhund training and a BBQ. Great food, company and training!

For the first time I did an entire SchH 1 routine with Pie. She has never done the transport before but did well. I realized she hasn't done a true escape bite either. I figured that out when I was wondering- "Why is she staring at me? Doesn't she know the helper is about to run away?" Nope, she did not know! We did the entire routine, but not straight through. Mistakes were made and training was accomplished. The first wrong thing Pie did was get distracted by a sleeve on the field. Pie, Pie, Pie....

Pie has come such a long way. Watching the videos, I though- Wow- she doesn't look too bad.

A lot of times I don't actually get to see my dogs doing the bark and hold because by the time I get around the blind, they have already been given a bite as a reward for doing a good job. So by watching the videos I got to see both of them. Dottie is way too cute to ever be taken seriously. What a cute little one. I love how both of their tails wag the whole time. Dottie is coming along quickly. She started much later than Pie, but because her confidence did not need to be nurtured, she has been able to progress faster.

One more thing I learned by watching my videos is that Dottie gets excited hearing the voice of "her" helper coming out of the computer. She even tried out a "woof!" to see if that would get her anything. Here are pictures I took of other club members. And a few I had a member take of my dogs.


Doing the go out during obedience.



Pie and I heeling.


Attention.


Boxer doing the stand out of motion.


A young dog practicing heeling.


A different dog doing a go out.


Dottie over the hurdle.


A young dog doing "sack" work.


Running the blinds.


More running.



A bite.


Another young dog.


She is learning the game quickly!


About to run the blinds. Does he know he is being watched?


The transport.


You won't outrun this guy.


The boxer runs the blinds.


6 month old puppy (very young dog!) who knows her stuff.


Same girl posing for a picture. I really like sable GSDs.

Videos of Pie and Dottie in the next post.

No comments: