Sunday, January 23, 2011

Agility Videos

Fancy on Saturday in Standard. Fourth place- tricky opening! Late commands on my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCFw5-Yelb0

I hope Pie's video shows up in my email. If so I will post it. Pie also ran clean with a second place. She came in second to the Australian Shepherd that is acutally a 20 inch dog but chooses to run in the 24 inch class. He tends to beat us by a few 10ths of a second only. It is frusterating to constantly come in second to a dog that has an advantage over us! A shorter dog can turn tighter. I wish AKC would change the rule and made dogs compete in the jump height they measure in to. I don't care about the multiplying points for first place (they should be going away soon and Pie already has enough points for her Mach 3, she just needs 20 QQs) I just want the first place since I believe we deserve it. We were the fastest 24 inch dog. I usually don't get too worked up about it since I'm not that competitive, but at our last few shows it has been all seconds behind the same dog so it was kind of a cumulative frustration.

Dottie's standard run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5A6vPuJ7QI

She falls of the teeter but is not injured. I choose to do it again then per the new rule, must leave. I am proud she thought about trying to jump back on twice before I actually asked her to. What a good girl. Also relieved she is uninjured because it looked really nasty. No Qs for Dottie all weekend. Both jumpers runs were great- knocked bar each time (Don't shout her name over the jump!) and in standard on the second day she was very distracted and not focused at all. I know she is still such a young dog so I'm not worried about that at all. The awesome jumpers runs show me what she is capable of so I focus on those and dream of the day when she runs like that all weekend.

No comments: