Thursday, February 11, 2010

Watch Out!

But now the watch is back in. My Swiss Army watch battery died. If you have not seen a Swiss Army watch before you should not be imagining all kinds of gadgets. It is just a nice normal (well made) watch. Since the battery has been dead, I've been using my dress watch. My dress watch is spiffy because it's battery can never die. It is solar powered. Actually, it is photosynthesis powered or something like that because household lighting powers it also. I used to keep it in a jewelry box. Then I wanted to wear it and it wasn't working. I had confused my watch with the kinetic watches that have a little pendulum type thing that winds up when you move. So I put the watch on thinking it would start back up but it never did. I was wearing long sleeves so it couldn't get any light. I did a bit of research on the Internet and found my mistake. Since then I just leave it out and it gets all the light it needs.

It is nice to have my normal watch back because that is one less thing to worry about. You see, I seem to be very hard on my watches. Either the face gets so scratched you can barely read the time or the face shatters. I shattered the face on my last watch by dropping it on the tile floor in a bathroom in Vegas while I was there with the Miata club. I may have shattered it a second time also. Knowing this history of abuse, when my parents bought me my current watch as a present they bought one with a sapphire face, which is unscratchable, and perhaps even unbreakable. Or at least nearly so. I can report despite dropping it numerous times, and whacking it very hard (accidentally against things such as granite counter tops and rocks) it has remained intact. This watch gives me one less thing to worry about because I do not have to quickly snatch up my sleeve to check the condition of the watch face after swinging my wrist into a door frame or some other solid object. Plus, having a sapphire faced watch is just cool. Or at least, I think so.

At one time I thought Sapphire would be a good name for a dog. Pretty, yet strong. You could call her Fire for short. I'm glad I didn't pick it for Dottie because there is another Belgian named Sapphire who is currently doing well in the show ring, and I never want to be a duplicate.

As I mentioned, someone is filming something at the big house across the street. On Wednesday, they kept filming a scene over and over when a man shouted "Jenna!" Either that or someone was looking for their assistant. I don't think Jenna ever showed up.

Tonight they have a huge contraption up that I'm guessing is solely used to reflect the huge spotlight back at the scene. See below for a picture.



And... oooooohhhh.... a close up......



Random other updates- Pie is doing well in her tracking, Dottie doesn't seem too enthralled with agility and Fancy disappeared during our walk on Thursday and while I was sure she would show back up by the time we got home and set up for puppy agility practice when she didn't I drove down the road so I could see the walking spot and she still didn't show up and then I thought maybe she had caught her collar on a barbed wire fence or went too far in a drain pipe after a rabbit so we just started to walk back out to look for her when she showed up. She was VERY BAD. And then today I found a tick right by her eye. Good thing I just ordered the flea and tic meds online.

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

You should go over and get in the buffet line and pretend that you are part of the crew.