Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dottie Agility Training

A short video of Dottie agility training. She is only 8 months and not done growing so it is not safe for her to jump- hence no bars on the jumps. We are working on wrapping the uprights. However, even more so than that we are working on speed. I know it may be surprising, but Dottie appears to be "not that fast." (We don't want to use the "s" word.) ffluffy has been giving me lots of great encouragement and promises we will work on building speed and drive and urges me to not become dispirited.

While I was editing this video Dottie thought I had learned ventriloquism because she heard me saying "bark" on the video and thought I was saying it to her in the living room. She complied and I'm sure I really confused her when I then told her to be quiet. To show her spite and disappointment in me she rang her bell. I told her to stop that also so she came back and gnawed on my laptop screen. After putting a stop to THAT she found a piece of Kleenex from somewhere and brought it back into the living room to consume it so I could see her treasure (and tell her no) which caused her to harass Pie (and sadly for Pie I allowed that.) After tiring of Pie she settled in to chew on one of her antlers. It is a wonder I ever got this 2 minute video edited and posted....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdygNE9QRoY

No comments: