Monday, February 8, 2010

Outside Blogging

My Internet is cooperating for once. It's been very temperamental recently. I took the laptop outside and am blogging in the cool weather. Pie and Dottie are running around chasing each other and Pie is barking at her occasionally. I hope that isn't disturbing the filming going on at the house across the street. They had those signs up along our street with the arrows that you know are pointing the way to a shoot of some kind but I was surprised to find it was our neighbors. They have huge bright lights up that I have to avoid looking at or I get temporarily blinded.

After work today I used some of the grass on base and laid one track for each dog. I tried a serpentine for the first time, instead of the circles we have been doing. Hmm... I don't know how tight or loose to make each switch back. All the dogs basically followed the really short track, and each came off the track but when they didn't find cookies they wandered back on. I don't really know if we are progressing correctly or not. At the Terv Club agility and obedience trial at the beginning of next month, we are going to attend a tracking seminar so I hope that helps us.

After the short tracking I worked Pie a bit in obedience. Then we drove home, took a walk and now I am blogging waiting for my every-other Monday private lesson to arrive.

Just another typical day.

No comments: