Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Cookie Time!

I traveled to my parent's house to bake Christmas cookies. Usually I just do the icing but this time I rolled out the dough, made the icing and did the decorating. That is a lot of baking work for this girl who doesn't cook. Luckily the dough was pre-made in a tub, I just had to roll it. Unluckily it seemed no matter how much flour I used, it was either always sticking to the rolling pin or the counter. More flour! I threw some on Dottie just for fun. When I threw it at Pie I think I got some in her eye and felt bad. I also had trouble with the red icing. It seems my mom puts one drop of red food coloring in and gets the perfect shade of Christmas Red. All I was getting was a pale Valentine Pink. Seems my mom knows something I don't. I ended up using the entire bottle.

Eventually I put my younger brother to work helping me decorate also. Here are some pictures from the big event.



All my dogs were hopeful. And their hope was rewarded because I dropped my Christmas Bat right in the dog bowl! (It was a Halloween cookie but was nice and big so I made one for myself.)
More decorating. Roscoe's (mom's aussie) agility ribbons in the back ground.
Dottie is peaking!









All nice and clean. And the cookies are yummy.

2 comments:

Older and Wiser said...

Thanks for making the cookies, yum! Did you know that in the south folks say 'icing' and in the north they say 'frosting'? So why do we say 'icing'?

Three Dog Days said...

Must be a Pittsburgh-ism. If you eat too much icing you will become gurfy. Or maybe gerfy. Not sure of the spelling.