Saturday, December 11, 2010

Boulder City AKC Agility Trial

Here I am, living the exciting life on the road. Blogging from the trailer in the overnight parking spot at an AKC agility trail in thrilling Boulder City, NV.

I drove out Friday afternoon. The weather was hotter than it has been and the temp gauge on the car moved up and down, even when cresting only smallish hills. As we got further into the desert, the outside temperature dropped, which kept the car happy. There are a few very long grades, one over 16 miles, that I do not want to attempt in the summer.

On the way here, I spotted this car parked outside a shoe repair place:



Today I had all three dogs entered. Fancy had 2 clean runs and 2 second places! (The competition is not quite as stiff out here.) Pie knocked 2 bars in jumpers (our Mach 2 is no closer!) and was first in standard. Dottie moved up to open standard and knocked the first bar and also went under the table (weirdo!) In jumpers she was clean and took first and got her NAJ title. She still isn't moving with the speed I would like. I know she has it in her. It is a training issue that I have to figure out.

ffluffy made delicious stakes and fried potatoes for dinner. We were going to have backed potatoes in the microwave but the small generator can't run the microwave so that plan was tossed. The fried potatoes might be even better.... Right now the generator is chugging away, powering my laptop. The trailer has a battery which will run the interior lights and the water pump, until it is all used up.

Now all the dogs are napping and I will be soon also. I see it is still early, but I am tired and there isn't too much else to do.


Setting up some x-pens while Fancy watches.


Dottie sleeping on ffluffy's pillow.


Fancy under the bed, again...

No comments: