Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boulder City Trial Day 2

Fancy did not show today. Pie ran clean in jumpers and I thought QQ number 19 was in our future, but in standard she took an off course to a tunnel. It was a hard a frame, tunnel discrimination that many dogs fell victim to. I thought we had it, but alas, no.

Dottie ran in Open jumpers and Open standard. She was clean in open jumpers for her fist open leg! In standard the same tunnel/ a frame discrimination was present but with and easier approach. Again I thought we had it but Dottie ducked into the tunnel at the last minute. This time she did not go under the table, but ran around it again.

We are having a specific training issue. I use the toy to get Dottie to drive ahead of me. If she thinks I have the toy on me, she'll stay next to me, which is not the purpose of the toy. However, when she thinks the toy is not on me, she spends the entire run trying to find the toy, which includes attempts to run out of the ring. Luckily Dottie comes when I call, but the purpose of the toy is not to distract her and have to call her firmly every few seconds while she tries to make a break for it. Sigh.


Our ribbons from the weekend. Fancy has a QQ Ribbon and Dottie has a New Title Ribbon.


In other news, I successfully backed the trailer into a parking spot today. The key is to move only the car's front wheels while the car is sitting still if you need the car to go in a different direction. I know that isn't ideal for the car's wheels, but it gets the trailer and car both going where I need them to.

No comments: