Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Day of School

Puppy school, and I'm the teacher. I had 8 students but one was absent. I had two border collies, a sheltie, a Aussie, a North American Shepherd (NAS-tiny mini Aussie,) a Cattle Dog and a Prynean Shepherd. What's with the lack of diversity in type of dog? They were all from the herding group! The NAS has naturally perfect attention and stares at his owner's face the entire time. He would be a wonderful obedience dog, but she only has time for agility. Too bad. The sheltie was pretty advanced. They are all nice dogs and I got to pet them all!

I look forward to hearing how the students thought it went. I'm sure they'll tell Kate, my boss, who will then tell me. I'm already thinking about what I want to teach next week, and what I told them that was wrong this week.

No comments: