Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Changes

I've made some layout changes? Can you spot them?

In addition to playing with my blog tonight, I also had my second puppy obedience class and my first beginning agility class. I am so proud of the puppies! They are all doing so well. The pretty blue merele aussie pup has super soft fur and is a good demo dog. The small cattle dog is coming out of her shell more, and the owner of the hyper BC is learning to use toys to reward any small thing his dog does. The other BC is very advanced, so the owner brought her husband along to help train the puppy. With the husband working the dog, the dog appears to be less advanced, so that was a good plan on the wife's part. Since the pup is so advanced, now the husband is getting training! Two puppies were absent, I hope they've been working on their homework so they don't fall behind!

In the agility class, we have mostly herding dogs also. Lets see, two German Shepherds, who are litter mates and very different. One belongs to a lady in the schutzhund club and the other belongs to her neighbor and is obese. We also have a cute red Aussie and an Aussie/ BC mix with a curly tail. Two BCs and a yellow lab who is also a bit chunky. I discussed the dangers of overweight dogs in agility. The GSD lady said her dog is on a diet. I don't get why it is hard for some people to get their dogs skinny. Just feed them 1/2 of whatever you are currently feeding them, and if that isn't enough, 1/2 it again. Repeat until the dog is the desired weight, then slowly add food back until the dog stops loosing weight and maintains a good body shape.

I think I'm missing a dog but I can't think who.

We also had a visitor to class. The pheasant who hangs around was pecking around outside the fence. Then he tried to fly away but instead hit the fence and fell in! Dumb bird. He (she actually) was able to recover and fly away before any of the dogs caught her....

Another successful class, I think. Hopefully the students feel the same way!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I like how now it says "woofs" for comments. Very cute! It sounds like your classes are going really well. We are using your tips and trying to teach Moxie "speak". She figured out what we want her to do, but she is so hesitant to do it....I think she is so confused as to why we want her to bark!

It's hard to make your dog skinny because you feel bad about them going hungry :( That said, poor Moxie is on a diet cause she is FAT!!