Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Couch 2 5K

I am once again doing the Couch 2 5K program.  It worked for me last time and is working again this time, but being that I am older and also overweight, it is harder physically.  The other difference is this time there is an app to help you.  Some of the weeks can be pretty complicated with the running 2.5 minutes then walking 1 min, then running 5 min, then walking 3, then running 2, then walking 1, and so on.  Last time I wrote that days routine (from the website) down on my hand and used a stop watch to time myself.  Remembering where I was on my hand was still tricky.  Now I carry my phone and the app tells me jog, walk, jog, walk.  You can even change the "trainer."  The default one was a little too cheery for me.  (Perky voice) "Let's jog!"  (Let's not.)  Next I tried the Zombie.  I thought it would say things like, "Run faster or I"ll eat you!"  No such luck.  In a tired voice he'd say, 'Time for a jog."  Then, "Time to walk. I've lost my eyes."

I finished week 3.  All of week three is running 1.5 min, walking 1.5 min, running 3 min, walking 3 min, and repeat.  Running for 3 mins should be just over 1/4 of a mile. I was having trouble, so I decided to repeat week 3.  Tomorrow will be day 2 of my second time of week 3.

This is a screenshot from my first run.


No comments: