Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dottie Double Double!

We were at a local trial this weekend while most of our friends were at USDAA Nationals- called Cynosports- in Northern CA (and they all did great!)  Happily for me, Dottie did GREAT also!  It was our first perfect weekend where she qualified in both runs both days earning 2 Double Qs!  That puts us at 18 out of 20 for the MACH and 3 out of 4 for AKC Nationals.  Since I haven't been trialing much recently I'm not too focused on making AKC Nationals, but if we keep this qualifying streak up, looks like we will be going.

Dottie got a first place, a second place, a third place and a fourth place.  We collected all 4, like they say in advertising.  The first and second were in jumpers (second behind a fast BC) and the 3rd and 4th are in standard where I am making Dottie hold her contacts now.  She was missing some and I think it helps her not knock bars right after the contacts.  When our friends saw the 4th place they all couldn't believe it and had to question the scribe and trial secretary if the correct time had been written down.  I told them I was holding contacts but they still didn't believe it.  Most of them think the time was 37 but the scribe accidentally wrote down 47.   I appreciate their help, but a 4th place doesn't bother me when it is part of a QQ!


No comments: