Sunday, October 5, 2014

2nd Kayak Trip

I went straight to the harbor from work on Friday.  This time I paddled much further.  Not quite on purpose though.  I was hoping the channels formed blocks and would let me go around the "block" and take me back to the starting point, but it turns out none of them went through and I had to turn around and go all the way back.  I saw some nice houses and some huge yachts.  We had a few small "duffy boats" (like a golf cart for the water to put around the neighborhood in) pass us and create some wake which Dottie didn't appreciate.  I seemed to somehow have pulled my right hamstring.  Not sure how that happens while paddling but I've been limping around all weekend.  While paddling I can feel my core being worked but apparently not too hard since that isn't sore at all.

I was able to get one picture.  This is my view.

























I bought a waterproof cellphone case so I don't have to rely on saranwrap and a plastic baggie.  The case isn't really a case but a tough double zip lock bag on a string.  It is made for cell phones though- no need to think I'm cheap and just bought a high quality zip lock bag.

Now if I can just figure out how to get the kayak and Dottie both on the motorcycle I'll be set!

No comments: