Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dottie is Recovered!

The rehab vet gave us the go-ahead to resume all our normal activities.  So she is back to going on jogs, being allowed to run around the back yard and DO AGILITY!  Tuesday was our first night back and I had planned to ease her back into it.  Good thing I had that plan since I got bronchitis and hadn't been out of bed for four days.  I ran her at 20 inches and walked the lead out, put her in a tunnel, reward did the next sequence which mean I had to run about 5 feet, rewarded, ran maybe 10 feet, rewarded, and so on.  The rewards were supposed to give me a chance to catch my breath, but it didn't help.  I was gasping for breath and cough fit to break a rib at the end.  One of the other ladies in the class offered to run her in the next go round and I was very happy to take her up on it since I was going to have to skip it any way.  I want to do agility, but I don't want to die on course.  She did a very nice job with Dottie.  Then I forced Dottie to skip the last run in the spirit of not overdoing it.  Dottie had so much fun and was very wild in her first run.  Then I let her run around like a manic in one of the other fields before her second run, so she was calmer for our stand in handler.

The lady next door (I live in a duplex) saw me up and about and said she hoped I was feeling better.  Which means I'm keeping her up with my coughing.  She said she was praying for me and I'm so cynical I thought she is probably praying I just die and get it over with and leave her in peace!  I was well enough to go into work today, but now that I am moving around the cough is getting worse, so I may sleep on the couch to give her some relief.  Those walls are way too thin.

Here's an old picture or two of Dottie doing agility so you can start thinking about her as an agility dog again.
I can go up high!

And go down low!

No comments: