Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Obedience Day 2

Dottie earned her CDX on Day 2 of the Bahia Del Sur Kennel Club in San Diego.  She had a score of 195, missing first place by .5.  Her heeling could have been more attentive, and we lost points due to a slow drop.  I have to figure out how to speed her drop up, without making her show pressure.  Right now when I say "down" her ears stay up the entire time.  (PS- That is good.)  I'm not too worried about it, but it was a point loss we could do without.  Her fronts and finishes were pretty straight.  Over all a good girl!

Pie refused the drop signal in utility.  This is her most common failure.  Pretty frustrating.  Then she was clean in Open B, but sad.  The judge combined open A and B groups, so I'd have to get a handler for one of my dogs for the groups.  My dogs aren't going to listen to anyone else for the groups, so even though some other competitors nicely offered, I declined and pulled Pie from the groups.  So once again no UDX leg for us.

I suppose I'm not ready yet to write about my decision regarding Pie's continued (or not) obedience career.  Some other day.  For now, we'll focus on Dottie CDX AX MXJ IPO3!

No comments: