Friday, February 20, 2009

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs and More Dogs

I bought Fancy a jacket because she has been shivering in the cold weather due to her hair cut.

Isn't she stylish?


I am teaching Bosco to "sit up" and he was doing so well I tried to get a photo of all three dogs doing it together. Bloom used to know this trick but no longer. Remember the new Mummy movie with the retired RAF pilot who ends up dying in the plane crash? Remember the scene where he walks through the fountain and makes a comment about the idiot who spilled the drink? Well, he's about two steps ahead of Bloom because Bloom no longer even realizes when he walks through the dog water bowl. How many times can one dog walk through the same bowl in one day!? Argh! But getting back to the picture... since Bloom isn't cognizant enough to realize when he walks through a water bowl, I knew better than to include him in the photo op. Sorry Bloom(ish.) Sadly, I never did get the perfect photo. I couldn't get enough distance because I was too close to get all the dogs in one shot, and as soon as I stepped back, one dog would invariably drop the pose.



Fancy and Pie up, Bosco laid down when I bent over to get a better shot.



This is the best one showing them all up at once but Bosco is actually on the way down, plus the obvious problem of most of his head is missing.



Bosco CAN do it, just not at the same time as the others, apparently.

I tried to add an "e" to Bosco to make it like Roscoe, but then I started communicating with a lady who knew him when he lived in Northern CA, and then the lady who originally rescued him from a shelter in Washington and then nursed him back from near death and fostered him in Montana. She named him Bosco, so I can't just go around adding "e"s to names then email the original namer and expect her to add the e also. So he is Bosco without the e from now on.


Pie and Bosco (no e) share some chewing time.


I weighed Bosco when I took him to the vet and he was 55 pounds. That was last Friday. The next Tuesday I took him back, just to use the scale, and he weighed 58 pounds. He looks better, but his hip bones are still very pokey so we have a ways to go yet.

Better... but not there yet.

4 comments:

No One said...

LOL, the picture of the three dogs trying to stand up at the same time reminds me of the Foxtrot comic in which they are taking the Christmas card picture and Jason keeps making faces until finally the other two kids get so mad they make a face and he smiles, which is the picture they decide to us on the card. It seems like Bosco is doing the same thing...that stinker!

Claire said...

Very cute pictures. I think Bosco wanted to be the star of one picture!

I'm glad he is gaining weight. We went to a new vet yesterday and she pointed out that Moxie is too skinny. I agree, but the fattening up is going just as well as when I try to fatten Laura up.

Three Dog Days said...

Try giving Moxie cottage cheese (full fat- 4%) and pure pumkin. You can also buy Show Stopper (online is easiest) because it never fails to fatten a dog up.

MTGSDRescue said...

I am so glad to see Bosco doing so well, he was such a sweet guy, you can name him anything you wish, he came with the name of Puckey, couldn't handle that one..Give him a big hug from his first mom and brother Ruger in Montana...I am thinking that he needs to stay with you and learn the agility course.