Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quick Weekend Recap

I got my hair cut on Friday after work since it was encroaching on my collar and I can't have that while in uniform. I went with layers this time but I'm not sure how well it turned out, especially since a certain someone suggested I needed a service dog because I suffer from a bad hair cut. Ouch. Ok, this person did not mean to suggest I actually have a bad hair cut, but was instead trying to think up lame reasons people give for having service dogs, but since I happened to have a brand new hair cut at the time of the discussion, it didn't bode well for me.

On Saturday I got up early and went herding with ffluffy. Her Swedish Vallhund Specialty is coming up and Hunda (do do do!- that is this theme song) needed some sheep practice. I let Dottie have a turn and she did ok. She did not try to chomp the sheep, so that is much better than I expected. Fancy got a quick turn also. She chases the sheep but has no real instinct to bring them back to me.


You can see more pictures of Fancy here- maybe... http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=9045&id=100000798693934&ref=mf The best part of the pictures is Fancy blends right in with the sheep. Except she is skinnier. One of the best pictures didn't get loaded. Fancy has all three sheep together and is right up against them and she is very hard to spot.

After herding we went out to brunch at IHOP. Every breakfast place in Camarillo was teaming with people. I've never seen IHOP so crowded. We waited 15 minutes for a table. But it was worth it because they made my bacon nice and crispy.

Next we went back to the house and all the dogs played around. Later we saw Robin Hood at the same weirdo gym/ movie theater that we saw Iron Man at last weekend. But once again even though it was opening weekend there was no problem getting tickets and no lines. I love it!

On Sunday I got up early and went tracking with the SchH club. Then we went back to the club field and set up for the big show we are having next weekend. A trial is the obedience, tracking and protection, and a show is the actual show dogs running around a ring. It is different than an AKC show, though. One person handles the dog and another person (usually the owner) runs around the outside of the ring getting the dog's attention and helping the dog run correctly. Pie and Dottie and Fancy obviously can't participate in that (it is for GSD only) so we did a little obedience and Dottie got to play with the tug a bit.

Now I'm watching some Gladiator (the reviews are correct- Robin Hood is pretty much the same story as Gladiator but since that was a good movie, it is ok!) I have tomorrow off and I'm taking Dottie for her first real agility class. I think I've said it before- SchH is really her "thing." So far she hasn't shown much natural aptitude or even interest in agility. But you never know. She could still turn on to it.

1 comment:

ffluffy said...

dood! i DID NOT mean you have a bad hair cut. LOL. i know it came out that way.