Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MiFi

I have given up on the internet at the house after too much frustration of it not being there when I want to use it. I instead got a MiFi from Verizon. It is like the USB thingies you plug into your laptop for satellite internet but when used in a certain way it can connect up to 5 devices (such as computer, laptop, phone, etc) to the internet at one. Mostly I do not think I will be sharing it since it is satellite that means it is limited and I get 5G a month.

The speed is fine and I have access at my house and at work. I'm sitting in my car right now on my lunch break catching up on my blogging.

The cost is $60 a month plus tax. I compared that to getting a dish put up on the house and the prices were similar and I wouldn't have been able to access the internet away from home like I can now. Also, I would have had the same connectivity problems. Since this is through Verizon, they have much better coverage than the other places I saw. It is true I would rather pay less but I am willing to pay for reliable internet access. And so I am.

No comments: