Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lots Going On

And no time to blog! Last weekend was drill. Next weekend is my last agility weekend until Memorial Day and also one day of obedience.

Monday was my first Monday off with the new work schedule. I did some sleeping, some sitting outside and reading- Note to James Patterson- bomb dogs do not "go crazy" when they smell bombs- and then drove to Sun Valley Foods and bought a lot of meat. 80 pounds of chicken backs, 16 pounds duck necks, and 20 pounds turkey hearts for under $80. That is a lot of meat! It will last the dogs a long time. The un-fun part is it has been sitting out for over 24 hrs and most of it is still frozen solid. The stuff I was able to pull out I've cut up and put in Tupperware. Cutting bone is not fun. On a side note I went to Target to buy the Tupperware and had TWO people shake my hand and thank me for my service. Very nice sentiments. I wish there was some way to beam those thanks directly to deployed people.

After the meat run I met ffluffy at the Littlerock Dam. Dogs are allowed to swim and be off leash! My favorite! Dottie swam for the first time. She was tentative but was willing to do it for the toy. We couldn't stay too long because we had an obedience class to get to in Lancaster. Pie practiced utility and did poorly. Doesn't bode well for our show this weekend. That is what I get for not practicing regularly. We finished up the day by eating a late dinner at Red Robin with one other friend then I drove home. I didn't get to bed until after 12 which was unfortunate since I had to get up by 4:30 the next day in order to deserve the Every Other Monday Off.

I'm going to fight with the frozen meat a little more then maybe have some left over Red Robin and get in bed before it gets too late. Can't stay up late when I have to be up so early!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Sounds like a fun day! Wish I could have been there to share in it with you, although not the cutting up of the meat. Yuck!