Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend...

Update from the Bunny run-

It went o.k. She doesn't walk on the leash so she would stop to look at things but since she is so small, she would be forced to move along. She doesn't go a head and won't go next to me so she stayed behind me the whole time. She ran for 1.25 miles and probably could have kept going but I was tired of her stopping and going. When we got home she was just as hyper.

Her mouthing is getting better, but it is the most better with me. Every new person that pets her get mouthed. I get lots of comments about "How hard can she bite?" and while it doesn't hurt at all it is annoying and if you are trying to pet a dog you don't want your hand in their mouth. So we will continue to work on that and it is getting better.

Based on her hyperness, I have been telling a few people Bunny might be looking for a new home were someone wants a hyper dog (remember, I wanted a dog to sit on my lap and get pet.) But since then, she was had some really good points in her favor. She sat with me nicely and got pet. She got her nails clipped and was really good- not even squirmy. She has learned to be quiet in her crate and also hangs out in Dottie's big crate and is quiet. We went to the agility pay and play and she retrieved a ball, did not run away, tugged in public and did some really nice recalls. So maybe she does get to stay. No matter what else you say about Bunny, everyone agrees she is adorable.

On Saturday ffluffy and I went to a pay-n-play. I ran all three girls on a normal standard course, then I ran Pie and Dottie on an IHC style course. That is a type of international course that is harder than the normal courses we run on. Neither girl made it through clean, but both had some really good moments. It was great to challange myself because not only was it fun to run as fast as I can, but I got to see what each girl does well. Pie really looked for jumps when I told her to jump, while Dottie wasn't as good at that. Dottie had some kind of body snatcher moment and had amazing contacts, which me running past her and getting lateral distance while she held the 2 on 2 off position. She won't even do that in class, so not sure why she was able to do it here. We ran a jumpers course after that, I played with Bunny, and a good time was had by all.

As the day wore on I became aware my hands were getting sunburnt. This happened earlier this month and is due to some medication I am taking. It began to hurt very bad and as soon as we packed up, we went to a store to get some lotion. Sadly, the lotion did not offer relief and we later tried a drug store. I tried slathering them in oral-b but that didn't work either. Next I bought a special burn relief patch that is a hydogel. That finally soothed the pain. That was the worst sustained pain I have had in a while. Today they are much better. Don't sunburn your hands because it is hard to keep re-injuring them every time the accidentally bang into something.

Today we went for a hike in Wildwood Regional Park in Thousand Oaks (separate post) and I sprayed them with SPF 100. At the end of the hike they were starting to heat up again (that "cooking" feeling) so I finished the hike with my hands in my t-shirt. The feel a bit irradiated, but nothing like yesterday.

No comments: