Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Run First, Blog Later

I don't enjoy running in the dark very much, as I am very overly careful about where I put my feet in the hopes of preventing a knee incident. So even when running on the sidewalk I want to see if I'm going to step on a seed pod type of thing or a pavement crack.

Short story- I was walking Pie back to the car after obedience at SchH and I suffered a knee incident. Luckily since I was walking I was able to not fall down, but I did loose my balance, accidentally throw the tennis ball I was holding, hop forward three steps, and Pie flinched away- yes, I feel on her once on the "fast"- then chased down the ball. This story isn't all that remarkable in my trials with my knee, except one of the guys in the club was about 5 feet away from me, saw the whole thing, and didn't bat an eye. Maybe he thought it was a new training technique?

I'm off to do my run, then have dinner with ffluffy (she's visiting for the summer!) then I'll blog later about my PT test, Bunny's end of quarantine and anything else I think is worth blogging about.

2 comments:

Older and Wiser said...

I heard you passed the PT test, congratulations! For me PT is a two mile walk.

Three Dog Days said...

Thanks! I got a 93- Excellent! Now when I take it in another year I will have easier criteria because I will be in the 30-40 yo bracket. I maxed the wist measurement and the situps. I had a "no push-up" waiver due to my shoulder.