Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Skull Ball

Dottie has a new toy.

It is a skull ball. I saw it for sale at an agility trail and knew it was the ball for her. I think it is a very silly ball but I am sure there are people out there who buy it thinking it is cool and makes their dogs tougher.






Pounce!



Gimme the ball!



Elvis lives.



Drool.



Incoming!




Creepy levitating skull ball. I didn't crop this photo at all. I tried taking a picture of Dot and the ball but this is all I got in one shot. I think the ball is possessed.



Chomp! (or Dottie shows the skull ball who is boss.)



Vomiting out the skull ball.



These pictures were taken when it was 102 in my town. Almost a record high. It has never been that hot when I've lived here. Dottie does not do hot weather and this session was very short, in the shade, small throws, and she still wanted to take her skull ball and go lay down. I realize 102 is very hot, but Fancy would have fared much better. Pie isn't a hot weather dog either. It is very frustrating to have drive and precision flushed away every time you train or show in the heat. I believe it is physical and genetic. The Israeli Army imports lots of Mals and they have a study going on to see if they can find the hot weather gene, because all their dogs get the same diet and training and some can deal with the heat and some cannot. I'm not complaining about my dogs because they are wonderful, but someday I would like to have a dog who is not bothered so much by the heat.

After this we went to the beach to cool off. I even went in the water. The dogs loved it, as always.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hilarious! My dogs only wish they were cool enough to have a skull ball.