Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Interlude

This blog post is from after the vacation, but have no fear- I will get back to that.

My mom gets a gold star for pouncing on an unsuspecting older woman and asking her if she wanted a dog- with Bacon in mind. She did have a reason to suspect she might want a dog as the previous day she had seen the same lady walking a boxer and then later 2 smaller dogs and then on that day she wasn't walking anyone. It turns out the lady had been dog sitting her children's dogs and then they had to go home.

The lady agreed to meet Bacon and take him for a 2 week test drive. I think they are perfect for each other. My mom spotted her walking Bacon last night and reports that so far she is thrilled with him. I say- What's not to like? He is sweet with everyone and gets along with other dogs, is house trained, and can be left loose in the house. Why am I not keeping him again? Ah yes- because I have three other dogs and he loves attention so much he is not getting satisfaction from me.

As I was loading up the car to take him to meet his potential new home I left him loose to come back to find this.








Alas, I did not let him ride there but instead made him share the seat with Fancy.

Both the lady, my mom and I all agree this home is meant to be for Bacon because the lady almost did not take a walk that day and it was pure chance she met my mom, who happened to speak up on her state of doglessness. All the events conspired for Bacon to find this home! I do not see why she would decide not to keep Bacon, but I will still keep my fingers crossed everything goes well for both of them.

No comments: