Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fourth of July

I know I am very far behind in my blogging. Things have been happening, I just haven't blogged. I painted a wall in my house (my first time!) and it turned out well. I had a Fourth of July BBQ on the 3rd of July and the food was great. The dogs did bobbing for hot dogs and Pie and Dottie had good speed but need to refine their technique. The key is to not come up for air to to chew the hot dog pieces. Just swallow them with your nose underwater as you go. Ffluffy's dog Pickle came in first, followed by a giant schnauzer, then Pie and Dottie were a second apart. I don't remember which Mal actually had the faster time.

Dottie's heeling is improving and I hope to get a video of that up soon.

On the Fourth of July ffluffy and I took the dogs hiking in the National Forrest above Ojai. We actually didn't get much hiking in, but we did have a yummy picnic and found a great lake for the dogs. Who knew there was swimming opportunities up there?

Dottie is now a good swimmer. First she wouldn't go in, then when she did she engaged in lots of splashing, but now she is calmer.



More swimming at the fun lake.


Dottie looking a lot like Pie. And Hunda with a stick.



The dogs only had eyes for the ball and did not notice the duck.


Ffluffy and I left my house after work on Friday for a 10 day vacation. We rented a cabin in Big Bear (more lake time for the dogs) then we are spending a day in Sacramento and onto Eureka, CA for beach walking and camping, then back home. Originally we were going to go all the way to OR, but then decided to stay in BB longer and shorten the trip up north. My parents are in BB for the entire week staying in a different cabin.

One other update is despite the raw diet I feed my dogs, Fancy's allergies are back really bad. Bad Fancy.

No comments: