Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Moon Photos

These are from Sunday, when it was a full moon. I wasn't getting as nice of pictures as I got last time, although I finally got some by playing with the manual settings.



The full moon was looking eerie behind the clouds, but I never got a good picture of that. The pictures with the clouds were taken on the side of the 118. But I had to pack it in and give up without a perfect unblured shot of the moon and clouds, because there is only so long you can crouch on the side of a busy 2 lane highway at night balancing your elbows on your knees hoping to steady the camera enough to allow it to focus. Maybe next time I'll be luckier.


These photos are from my backyard (front yard?) as the moon rose through the bare branches of a tree. But I still couldn't get the moon to focus and show all the crators, nor could I get the moon and branches to both be in focus.



Nothing is in focus in this one....



I could pretend I wanted only the twig in focus, but in reality I wanted to see the craters on the moon more than the branch. Is it possible to have both in focus?




It is amazing how bright the full moon is to see colors on the flag. No flash and using zoom so the camera was only using the available light.


Eventually I played with the manual settings and was able to get the moon to stop being so bright and come into focus. But I didn't have a clue what I was doing, so they still are not perfect.


More photos can be seen at

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17944&id=100000152104007&l=8af5099679

You do not need a Facebook account or to sign in to see the photos. Or so I'm told.

Here is a picture of Pie being happy at the obedience trial in San Diego.


And here are both of us. I asked a complete stranger to take our picture, so no complaints about quality.



1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

Nice photos! Do you use the telescope to look at the moon?