Friday, December 11, 2009

Curious....

Have your feet ever been so cold it felt like you big toenails were being bent backwards? I kept pulling my socks looser because I thought maybe they were responsible. But seeing as how my toes were super cold, I figured it out. Now, this isn't a post about "poor me I was so cold" because you should think, "just turn the heat on" because I did, or at least I tried to. I just wanted to share a curious new sensation I had.

When I got up to turn the head on (46 in the house) walking around warmed my feet up and my toe nails felt better. Sadly, I discovered the pilot light appeared to be out. The propane co charges $80 an hour to come out, plus service fee, and I'm in a dispute with my land lord over a different matter, so I don't want to talk to her until I'm sure she got my certified letter. I'll call her on Monday. In the meantime, I've bought a space heater and it's great. It is especially good because the outside does not get hot, so when the dogs poke it with their nose, they do not get burnt. I dangle my feet in front of it on the couch and then move it to my bedroom where it gets so toasty I wake up sweating and turn it off. I bought the cheapest one I could find so it doesn't have a real thermostat to regulate itself.

Today I am off the big dog show in Long Beach. I think Fancy and I can do well, but as always, any small mistake is too big of a mistake and both of us are capable of making mistakes.... so I'm optimistic but not too hopeful. Fancy went to the groomer's yesterday and is fluffy.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Okay, that doesn't sound good! I've never had toenail issues but it does get pretty darn cold in my house. When the heat runs, it feels like cold air is blowing, so no wonder it's always so cold in here.

I also bought a small heater but I guess I bought a really cheap one, because it doesn't do me much good unless I'm practically touching it, which it explicitly says not to do. Poor Moxie is all curled up like a snow dog right now, I think she needs a blanket. As for me I always have to have several layers, a blanket, and fingerless gloves to type in. Hopefully you warm up soon!