Friday, December 18, 2009

Beach Day!

I got off early work today, so I took the dogs to the beach. Earlier today it was 82 degrees, but by the time we arrived at the beach it was cooler. It was Dottie's first time at the beach, but Fancy and Pie knew where we were going. Not only do they know the word "beach" but as we get closer they smell the sea air and Fancy makes the most amusing noises. Claire was on the phone (looking forward to your upcoming visit!) and she could hear the noises coming from the back of the car. Yep, Fanciful loves the beach.

Dottie isn't as into the ball as Pie and Fancy, so while the two older girls tried to outrun each other to get the ball first, Dottie just chased them. She went into the surf, but it didn't seem to increase her enjoyment, as it does for the other two. If you have trouble telling the Mal girls apart in any of the pictures (Dottie is actually growing! She is around 6 months or so now) the puppy is the one with the collar on.



My first time at the beach!











Tail shot.







Where'd it go?



Dottie investigates some sea foam.



Follow the leader.



Water and a tennis ball- my two favorite things. What do I care how I look?



Getting in deep.




Waves!



The Channel Islands. Not sure which one this is, actually. I should probably know that...







My most beautiful Malinois ever, Pie.













Fancy really doesn't share "her" ball very happily.






I'm all wet, and salty, and sandy, and you think I look cute??

















Posing time. That is the most neck I've ever gotten in a picture of Dottie. Usually she has no neck.



I had the camera on "sports" setting to capture all the action, but with the sun setting, it made some pictures not as sharp as I would like.



Practicing the down stay while I loaded the car. Dottie isn't too bad for an impulsive puppy of such a tender age.

After we got home, we took a walk in the "hills" behind our house. I saw a hawk with possibly a squirrel. I hope it wasn't a rat. Gross. It seems the beach and the walk was sufficient exercise for the puppy, because for the first time ever, she is sitting by my chair, calmly getting pet. The only other time she has been close to calm when loose in the house is when she is frantically gnawing on a bone. Usually she would be pestering, chewing or body slamming Pie.


A successful day, I'd say.

1 comment:

Claire said...

What beautiful photos!! Your dogs are very photogenic and you take great shots! I simply can't imagine what it must be like to have a dog that loves the water so much. Fancy's noises were indeed highly amusing.

Laura and I are excited to see you and all the pups soon, and see for ourselves just how big Dottie is. She looks so different since we were there in October!