Monday, December 21, 2009

Busy Day

Let see...

During lunch at work I visited the mini-exchange and bought some necessities and also addressed and mailed off the almost last of my Christmas cards. Then after lunch I went for a "jog." I put it in quotes because it was fairly lame. When the weather got super cold I wasn't doing my run three days a week like I was supposed to, and I had never gotten back up to full jogging status after I hurt my knee at the Costa Mesa trial. But at the dog club holiday party someone who hasn't seen me since I lost weight from jogging complimented me on my weight loss, and since it was a bit warmer, I figured I'd better get back into it. It is too bad that Pie's tooth did something painful to my knee last Tuesday and I've been feeling it ever since. It did hurt a bit during the last part of my run.

After work I took the dogs for a walk behind the house then had dinner (always an exciting thing to blog about.) Before I started cooking my dinner, I played fetch inside with Dottie a little. She is doing so well! Then, just as I was cooking, my private lesson client arrived. Her agility class had been canceled so she was early. She decided to go to the market while I finished dinner, which I was grateful for. After she came back we worked both her dogs for her hour lesson (Fancy and Pie helped with the groups), then I played fetch with the dogs outside. Dottie has decided harassing Fancy is more fun than harassing Pie, which seems to be living on the wild side, because Fancy will bite back, while Pie won't. Apparently Dottie likes a bit of danger in her life. If she was human, Dottie would probably be a base jumper or sky diver (like my Aunt Kathleen!) or maybe a bank robber (luckily I don't have any relatives that engage in that activity, that I know of.) Even though it was a really good idea to give Dottie a toy to hold so she won't bite the other dogs while playing fetch, the drawback was Dottie would chew the toy and not get the exercise of chasing the ball (or in her case, the other dogs.) So I'm extra happy she is chasing Fancy because while she barks at Fancy she knows better to bite her. Now all the dogs get exercise and no one gets bit! Perfect.

Now I'm blogging and after I'm done I'm going to wrap all my Christmas presents.

Before I start that I'll give a quick agility wrap up from this weekend. Pie got a double double Q, putting her at 16. Fancy apparently thought she was too special to run in a regular agility trail after doing well at the Invitational and ran super slow in jumpers and refused to run in standard, coming to a stop after coming out of a tunnel. She was slightly better on Sunday, running both coursed for a Double Q, but earning only 2 points in jumpers and 4 in standard. Sort of embarrassing, Fancy. But she was so fast at the Invitational, I'm glad she gave me everything she had last weekend. Pie has slowed down considerably in the weaves. I got her ball out and did the weaves at home and with the proper motivation, she was fast... I wonder if I can fix that in a trial?

Pie is sad right now. The puppy took her bone and when I tried to stop the pup, Pie got sad. Methinks Pie is too sensitive for her own good.

Alright, off to wrap the presents now. I'll try to keep the dog hair on the tape to a minimum, but that never goes as well as I'd like.


One more thing before I go. As I was redoing the header to reflect the current dogs, I found this picture. The computer reports it was taken in Feb of 2008. Bloom stopped going the beach when he was no longer himself so I think I am correct in saying he hadn't been himself for around a year when he died. Blossom never made it to the beach. I don't think he would have liked it very much. I got to pet a poodle at the trail over the weekend. I've been thinking about Blossom a lot.


Actually, Bloom didn't really care for the beach. He and Blossom were very much a like.

No comments: