Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ventura Agility Show

The agility show this weekend was in Ventura. That worked out well since I had to leave 1/2 way through the day to drive home to potty the puppy. She is sick (more in another post) so she can't come with me to shows. Since she is young she can only go so long until she has to go. I wasn't sure if I'd be back in time for Fancy's last run (Standard) so I asked one of my friends to run her. I wasn't sure if Fancy would run for anyone else. I picked Sara to run her because her lab Ellie runs pretty similar to Fancy.

After getting stuck taking a detour, I did get back too late. However, after receiving lots of hot dogs and hamburgers, Fancy did run for Sara and got a Q and 14 Mach points! The next day I repeated the process and Sara was all set to run her again, but I got back in time. Too bad, because I messed Fancy up, and we NQed.

Pie had a good weekend. On Saturday she Qed with a second place in Jumpers and maybe 15 Mach points. Today she got Double Q number 6 and got 14 points in jumpers and 12 in Standard. I believe we are now qualified to attend the AKC Nationals, if we so choose.

We worked out the problems with the new landlord and signed the lease this morning before the show. I started packing last night and I'm going to start moving boxes that will fit in my car right now.

More later! (Although I'm not looking forward to blogging on dial up.)

No comments: