Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New House

If I had a Magic 8 Ball, it would read, "My sources say Yes." if I asked the question, "Am I going to move into a three bedroom house in the country with my own agility yard and will my desire of training beginning students in agility come to pass?"

Kate and I are renting two houses that share the same lot. I suppose it is a duplex, but they do not share a wall, instead, they are connected by a covered and enclosed breezeway, which will be for storage.

Here are some pictures. This is actually Kate's house, but mine is almost exactly the same, just opposite.
The front yard. This will be my agility yard. My house is the far one.
The back yard looking towards the horse coral which will have sod added and will be Kate's agility yard. We are going to put a picket fence up in the back yard for a dog potty and hang out area. The dirt is part of the drive way which circles the whole house.
Kitchen. I'm standing in the eating area. I will have a table again! The (small) bathroom is the door on the right behind the trash can. One bedroom at the end. My bedroom does not have the door to the outside like this one. The courter tops are granite and the back splash is tumbled marble. I say the houses are almost exaclty the same because in addition to not having the side door, I also don't have the little piece of counter by the fire extinguisher. My dishwasher is in a different spot, so I suppose that accounts for the difference. Since Kate cooks and I don't we decided she would be better off with the extra counter space. My kitchen feels bigger since it is missing that counter.
Computer area in kitchen. This will probably be my dog feeding spot.
Living room with front door. The couch is to make it look lived in. It has been vacant for almost a year, which is why they are so happy to have two people move in. Behind me there are two openings into the living room. The living room isn't that big, but since I have three bedrooms, I will have plenty of room.

One bedroom. The medium sized room has the largest closet- it is a walk in! All the closets have lights. In addition to the closets there is also a pantry and a linen closet.

Another bedroom.


And the third room. One room is small, and the other two are closer to normal size. I think the approximate square footage is 1200, which is the most room I've had so far, although the Rosewood Apartment was close.

My plan is to have one of the larger rooms be my "office" with computer, bookcases and dog stuff. Then my bedroom and I have no plans yet for the small room. I'm hoping I can have a full sized couch, but that is not a priority. We are going to pay for the fencing of the fields- that is a much higher priority.

It is all very exciting! I get to live in the country!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Wait, what? When did this all go down?? This is the first I've heard of this.

Well, regardless, the place looks just gorgeous, inside and out. Quite the residence! I know you and all the dogs will just love it and that is so cool about doing agility training. You will be a great teacher!

No One said...

Serious...I had to double check to make sure this was still my sisters blog...so what the deal. The place looks nice. I'll call you this week to see what the word is.