Monday, July 27, 2009

North Coast Glass Repair

I've been wanting to get my windshield chip repaired for some time. But getting someone to come do it was tricky. And I could not find one shop to take it to. Everyone wanted to come to me, but then no one would come! My chip/ crack was getting bigger and bigger. I was sure I was going to have to replace my entire windshield, again. And it is an expensive windshield.

Today I went to a gas station I don't usually go to. I went because I was almost out of gas. (I know it's not good for the car...) As I pulled in I saw a little sign that said No Coast Glass Repair. In my mind, the No automatically translated to North. After filling up the tank, I found the glass guy who asked me who my insurance was. I told him the deductible was too large to bother (thinking not about repairing, but the last time I replaced it) and he assured me USAA covers the complete cost of chip repairs. This was news to me as I paid to have a chip repaired in the Miata and my old windshield.

The attendant took me inside to the customer service rep who called USAA and got all the info. That was when I realized the name of the company was actually No Cost Glass Repair. Oh well. It was in fact no cost, and I have the company's card. If the repair fails, they will pay for a new windshield! They have been in business in AZ for a few years, but only recently moved to CA.

The company of course gets paid by the insurance. The reason they operate out of this gas station is it has a very popular car wash. Do doubt they have an agreement that if a car washer spots a chip, they tell the glass guy, who informs you. Since it is "no cost" the only reason you would refuse if it was too much hassle to get reimbursed from your insurance, which is why they have the costomer service rep. to do all the paper work for you. Very neat. I wonder if the gas station gets a kickback from the glass company? I figured this all out on my own. After I realized the real name of the company, that is.

Very fortuitous I went to that gas station today. Less fortuitous was when I swung by the camera shop where the owner told me if I came buy today he would have my money for the camera I had on consignment. The door was locked with a sign saying he would be back at 4:30. It was 4:30. I waited until 4:45 then gave up. He probably saw me coming and made a break for it. I'll surprise him tomorrow.

1 comment:

Window Glass Repair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.