Monday, July 13, 2009

Grass Is Dying

For an unknown reason, the grass I worked so hard to plant is dying. I have reseeded the biggest dead/ bare spot. I'm going back to supplemental watering with my hose and sprinkler. But I don't think the grass should need that much water. A helpful individual at Home Depot suggested my yard is too hard and the water all runs off before it can soak in. I can believe that, especially since the biggest dead spot is right near the drain. He also said drought resistant grass loves water just as much as any other type of grass, but it will come back to life after it dies from lack of water once you start watering it again.

Notice the yucky brown color.
I reseeded this section.

I used the x pen (short for exercise pen) to keep the dogs out.


On an unrelated subject, this is what Pie does to her squeaky toys. Fancy just happily squeaks them, but Pie has to disembowel them. Then I have to clean them up.

No comments: