Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sacramento or Bust!

I am leaving tomorrow for the American Belgian Malinois National Specialty, as mentioned in my previous post. Pie is entered in agility, obedience, rally and conformation. Yes, a dog from the dog pound is entered in conformation. She is not a registered dog, but this conformation class is "non-regular" and the club gets to make up the rules and they said non-registered dogs can enter. So we have been practicing trotting on a leash and standing still while a judge pets you. I mean while a judge uses her hands to determine how closely you fit the standard. They are not petting you Pie, you silly dog. Just stand still and don't lick the judge in the face.

Fancy is also coming. The agility trial is open to all breeds and she is entered there. Bloom is staying home. Kate will be taking care of him.

In addition to the dog activities, I printed out directions from my motel to the State Capitol building, the Governor's Mansion and the RiverWalk. I will be seeing these exciting sights/ sites on Wednesday, before the dog activites start on Thursday.

The dogs and I will have a busy five days. We will have fun, and maybe we will come home with some qualifying scores!

1 comment:

Older and Wiser said...

Marla,

We need new posts! Please update us on your life!!