Saturday, December 27, 2008

No Pictures

Since I'm not at home, I can't post any pictures. Therefore, I will wait until later for any posts I have that involve pictures.


For now, I will reflect on the game Halo 3 since that is what is filling my days. Probably you know I am not the one playing it, so therefore it must be Craig, and in some cases Kurt, and for a few seconds, Cindy. But Craig was not very charitable and had no pity, and killed Cindy so many times that she gave up.


Halo leads players to have unrealistic expectations about just about everything. That you can jump from great distances and survive. Well- maybe the suit thingy has something to do with that. That you can get killed multiple times and come back to life. That you can carry really big guns around and never get tired. And also that you can pick the difficulty level of your life. "Yes, I would like 'easy' please. Actually, I'll take 'idle rich'." Or if you become rich by singing on TV it is "idol rich."


If I ever designed a video game, I would make it so that if you got killed and your blood is splattered all over the place and you are laying there dead, the game shuts off for at least a half an hour and then when it begins again you have to start over at the beginning. Since being dead for 1/2 hour is much more realistic than being dead for only a second. I would also make it so that when you die the music gets sad instead of continuing to upbeat heroic music that was playing before you died. I'm thinking it wouldn't sell very well and I would go broke and my life difficulty level wouldn't be "easy." Good thing I'm an "information manager" (secretary) and not a video game designer.

Craig has now beaten Halo 3 after playing it since Christmas and has upped the difficulty level. He keeps getting run over by a hover craft and dying gruesomely. Very sad.


I just spotted Fancy on top of the picnic table and Pie is no doubt up to no good either (she ate the Pope once when left in the back yard unsupervised. Ok, ok- it was the Pope Rosebush but that is still bad news.) I'd best go do some supervising.

No comments: