Monday, December 22, 2008

Moving and Dog Diapers


No, it is not a non sequitur. I will explain.
Some people think I move a lot. I think the majority of renters move a lot. When you don't have anything invested in where you are living, it makes sense to move around until you find the perfect place. Plus, you may be willing to move into a less than perfect place since you know you can always move later. If you own a home, you should probably not commit to buying until you find the perfect place. Going back to the people who say I move a lot, I have lived three places in six years (it will be four once I move next week) and I don't think that is over the top.
The first time I moved so I could have a dog, the second time I moved because the rent got too high, and this time I am moving so I can have a yard the dogs can use. The bathtub, dishwasher, garbage disposal, close covered parking and bedroom (vs a studio) are all nice too.
So what does this have to do with doggie diapers? I took a picture of Bloom in a (moving) Box and he is sporting his brand new diaper. In order to show the Bloom in the (moving) Box picture, I have to explain the diaper.

Bloom is approximately 14 now, and either cannot hold his bladder or forgets he is supposed to, or both. What can you do with a suddenly not house trained old dog in the cold winter, especially when you don't have a yard? For a while I kept him in the shower- at least clean up was easy. Then I heard about doggie diapers, but I made a good product even better. I bought a reusable doggie diaper with a disposable liner. But the liner wasn't as wide as the diaper and didn't do a very good job. However, the doggie diaper did show me how to use a regular baby diaper on a male dog. You just wrap it around like a cumber bun! According to the directions on the doggie diaper, you wrap it snugly around his manly contours. I'm not sure little Bloom has any manly contours, but I got the idea. So I put the baby diaper on first, then use the doggie diaper to make sure it says put, and to cover up the picture of Mickey Mouse and help Bloom retain some of his dignity.

We'll all be old some day and if I need diapers, I want to retain some of my dignity too.

Fancy and Pie play in the box too. They are such good dogs to put up with my picture taking!
Bloom breaks out of his box.

One more thing I should mention about the moving is all these boxes are really tempting Pie. I give her cardboard boxes as a chew toy sometimes and she cannot understand why she can't play with all these great toys I've brought home.
Today I caught her "tasting" one of my boxes.
Sigh. I am having trouble now with my line breaks...

2 comments:

No One said...

Manly contours eh? I think I will have to try and use that in everyday conversation....

And cute pictures, except for the last one.

Unknown said...

Hello,
This post is giving us the information regarding dog diapers. Super post.. Thank you so much for sharing this post..
custom dog diapers