Friday, August 18, 2017

Guest Dogs

My friends Bear and Sophie are visiting.
Sophie
Bear
Last time I saw Bear he was passing his therapy dog test at the same test where Pie  took hers and passed. I've watched both Sophie and Bear in the past. There are nice, easygoing dogs. Even Fancy gets along with them because they ignore her. I think Salty was a little intimidated at first but he's gotten over it. I had to go around and find all of my little poodle balls and put them away. They could possibly be dangerous enough for the Malinois if a Malinois swallowed it and it got stuck in the windpipe but Bear has such a huge mouth he would probably swallow one as soon as he put it into his mouth. I do not want to be responsible for a small ball getting stuck in his throat.

Bear's owner says he prefers to play with smaller dogs but I guess in his book Dottie is smaller because they have had a great time playing together. They roll around doing a little bitey face and they do a lot of spinning and play bowing. Not too much running.


Dottie wore him out! But he quickly got a second wind and they were back at it.
Not terribly playful but after some time she was flirting.
Sophie is not very playful but she has done a little flirting with both of the poodles.

Bear is 103 lb. An accidental breeding between a German shepherd and a doodle. If you Google terms like shepadoodle or shepardoodle some people are breeding these on purpose. He is a cool looking dog. Looks somewhat like a briard or an uncropped and docked during Schnauzer. But more massive than either of those dog. His owner bought him as a puppy off Craigslist. She got a really nice dog.

Sophie is a mix of a poodle and a Scottish Terrier I'm told. They don't know if that was an accidental breeding as well and I don't know if owner knows a hundred percent that's what she is or if it is a guess or something. I'm always happy to have these two dogs visiting because they are nice dogs and so is their owner.

Lots of dogs Milling about. They're wanted to continue playing inside but I was trying to discourage that because he is so huge!

No comments: