Sunday, August 17, 2014

Trip to PA

Back a few weeks ago I traveled to PA for my Grandfather's 80th birthday.  This was the first time the entire family was together since 2000.  Our first stop was D.C to visit older younger brother and his girlfriend J.  They both have very important jobs with the government.   Youngest brother has been living with them during his internship.

Me and the brothers outside his house.

My dogs on their own vacation.



At the Washington Monument.
 
View from the edge of the reflecting pool.

A beautiful couple in a beautiful location.
Riding one of the bike share bikes.  Fun.
WWII Memorial with Lincoln in background.
Korean Monument.


At the docks at Mt. Vernon on the Potomac River.

Youngest bro in same location.
Hanging with G at Mt Vernon.
The tomb of Martha and George Washington.
Outside of the Smithsonian Air and Space Annex.
My favorite aircraft, the SR-71 Blackbird.



The Enola Gay.  I got chills.
So many great aircraft.


Neat view of the Blackbird and the orbiter Discovery.

Mom and the Discovery.  So cool that it has been in space!

Hi.


K and J on the river cruise on the Potomac.
The Watergate Hotel and Conference Center.

Hello again.





Older younger bro made a delicious dinner for us.  So good!

Next we headed to PA for the birthday celebrations!

This is me at my Grandparent's house by the largest tamarac tree in PA.

My fav niece and Godchild.

Aunt A took me to see Cats at the Civic Light Oprah.

Grandpap and cousin Mark have the same birthday.

Siblings plus L.

Deer and turkeys in my Grandparent's neighborhood.

Family plus J.

Out of order... but this is me in Maryland, the state of my birth.

This is the crew who went to Go Ape, a tree top and zip lining adventure.  Fun, but I hurt my ankle.


A good trip, just long enough I'd say.

No comments: