Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Of Dogs and Cars

Dottie: doing her best to eat/ destroy her baby kong left over from her puppy days, which she just stole from Pie who was munching it.
Pie: watching Dottie until she spotted the bone next to her elbow, now eating that.
Fancy: curled up on the couch next to me, nose under tail.
Three happy dogs.
I got a tune up done on my car today. Also a high output alternator to go with the trailer. I had new brakes and rear rotors put on last week, and that, combined with the trailer wiring equals A LOT of money spent on my car. The only trailer related expense was really the wiring and the alternator but that might have been going anyway because my headlights dimmed sometimes at idle. The Buick has been paid off for some time and it is my goal to NEVER have car payments again. I am hoping this maintenance helps it last a long and useful life. It has 93,000 miles on it and is a 2006. Seems like a lot of miles for a youngish car. So far the Buick has served me well. It certainly fits a lot of dogs! 8 dogs and 2 people is our record so far. And don't think those were a bunch of toy breeds either. To recap, we had:
2 Malinios
2 Border Collies
1 Largish (30 pound) Tibetan Terrier
1 Largish (30 pound?) Corgi
1 Sweedish Vallhund
1 20 pound mixed breed
The Rendezvous is an often overlooked car for dog people, but it is a good choice for me!

No comments: