Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dottie's Second Agility Trial Day 2

Big news from today- Dottie is now Dottie von V NA! (novice agility title.) No jumpers title yet.


Today was cold. Brrr... As the day wore on and the wind came up and my lips got more and more chapped and my nose ran and my dry and cracked fingers continued to catch on things I asked myself 2 questions: 1) Why am I here and 2) Why doesn't California have any INDOOR agility? The answers are 1) Because it is fun (usually- when it isn't so cold! and 2) Because supposedly CA has nice weather and doesn't need it. Agility in 100 degrees in the valley in the summer and in the muddy slop in the winter (or the show getting canceled to protect the grass or because it is flooded) would suggest differently. Heat is usually our problem, but shows do get canceled in the winter due to rain. I would love to show agility indoors in perfectly flat footing.... sigh.... but back to today.

Another long day. Pie ran in the morning- no QQ- knocked bar again in jumpers and first place and 56 points in standard. Dottie ran at 3pm for her first run. She knocked the second bar (same one Pie did!) then did well the rest of the run. She ran really wide on the closing sequence and sliced the second to last jump and knocked that bar also, then ran around the last jump. I didn't go back to fix it because it was my fault she went so wide, I'm sure.

In standard she had 2 faults (2 allowed in novice.) She went around 2 jumps. I forgot to support each jump. Yesterday I remembered and we had much more success. It is hard to remember your young dog needs much more help than your seasoned dogs. She also ran fast and happy in standard. She did her contacts nicely and ran fast for the last tunnel, finishing a head of me. Dottie is a good puppy.


Dottie sleeping on the couch with Fancy and unknowingly posing with her ribbons. 2nd place and New Title.


Close up of the tired puppy.


Who is taking pictures of me as I sleep?


I am too tired to really care and fall back asleep right away.



Is this the same puppy who is now one week away from being a year and a half years old and has a BH and a novice agility title? She's grown up physically but not really mentally (as my much aggravated father can attest.)

Next weekend- the AKC Agility Invitational!!! Fancy is invited for her 5th time and Pie is invited for the first time. Next year it moves to Florida for 5 years (boo!) so this will be our last time for 5 years. Unless I win the lotto and fly my dogs there. (Unlikely.)

1 comment:

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Congrats! Yay Dottie!