Monday, August 30, 2010

Short Story

Nothing? Nothing at all was saved out of the thousands of hours of work I had put into the project? As I stared at the blank screen before me, desolate as a desert landscape after a nuclear blast, I felt despair cover me like a black death shroud covering a decaying dead body. I immediately decided on suicide as the only escape from this defeat that was as crushing as an overweight elephant that had just eaten cement sitting on my chest would be crushing me. My scissors failed to cut my writs because they were like a lecture delivered in a monotone at one word every 30 seconds on the topic, "How to Breathe." A thought hit me like a blazing bright yellow bolt of lightning from the heavens that I could still succeed in my heroic suicide attempt by looping my necktie through the air vent directly above my desk. It would be fitting to die by the air vent that I despised like a younger son cheated who was out of his inheritance by his evil twin brother who was born only a few second before him but was considered older so he always got all the best stuff despised his older by a few seconds twin brother. It always blowing ice cold arctic cold air on me in the freezing dead of winter, and balmy hot and humid tropical air on me in the hottest sunny summer months. I succeeded in looping the necktie around the air vent standing on my wheeled office chair. Checking to make sure the knot was as tight as an 18th century sailor's knot on a big sailing ship, I kicked the blue paisley patterned wheeled office chair out from under me.

No comments: