Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goings Ons...

In no particular order:

I've shaved Fancy and she is very small and some might say funny looking but I say cute.

I've been wafting back and forth regarding what to feed my dogs. I got Fancy's allergy results back and she is allergic to lamb and yeast (most allergic), corn, beef and peas (moderately so) and slightly allergic to chicken and rice. All of the high quality kibble have at least one of these ingredients and if they don't, they have a lot of other ingredients that were not on the list of things tested such as kelp or spinach. I've been trying a dehydrated raw food called Honest Kitchen. It is a powder and you add water. I am not impressed. It is way too expensive for me. A box of food is only going to last 8 days between the three dogs and it cost $50. Not happening. AND Fancy is still itchy so there is something in there that she is allergic to. AND most of the $50 for 8 days worth of food is coming out the other end in huge amounts fully undigested. So Honest Kitchen is out. I gave up on "real" raw due to the time involved. One scoop of this, one scoop of that, add some tripe and a chicken heart then grind the chicken because Fancy won't eat it on the bone... But all the dogs did very well on it. So I'm giving it another try but will try to be less spastic about it. I am going to save the Honest Kitchen for trips so I don't have to pack raw and feed Pie and Dottie kibble at those times.

I've been continuing to work on Dottie's running contacts and they have not gotten better and I think they have been getting worse. ffluffy gave me an idea that is working better. All the videos are on my YouTube account under ResQQ.

I am going to a new schedule at work. 5/9/80s. I will work 9 hrs a day and get every other Monday off. I'll work 6 (ugh) to 3:30 and my plan is to use leave to take one extra Monday off. Cool.

Pie is doing well on her thyroid medication. I think she seems a little more assertive (growled at Dottie for taking her bone- maybe not a good thing) and maybe more energy.

That is all the goings ons I can think of at this time.

No comments: