Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fancy and SchH Training

Ffluffy and I took all the dogs to a swimming hole on "The Road." Everyone had great fun except the part when we met a couple with a small dog and 2 boxers on leash and the leashed dogs drug the guy over (despite their prong collars) and tried to attack some of our dogs. Yikes.

But back to the fun part. The dogs ran around and barked and swam and barked some more. Dottie ripped all four pads and can barely walk. Pie is mostly ok and is able to walk fine. We had SchH training today but I didn't work Pie because I want her pads to be 100% ok and Dottie couldn't do anything. So I worked Fancy because I am going to go her her BH in June and after she gets that we will try for our obedience and tracking titles.

Here are some pictures a club member took for us.


Going over the one meter hurdle.



I think this landing picture looks extra silly.



To get the big dumbbell.



Take off on the way back.


Making it to the top.



First time on the wall but since Pants is an agility dog it is easy for her.



Practicing our attentive heeling. Apparently I take this very seriously. No fun allowed.


Drop in motion. You are heeling and tell the dog down and keep going. This one is easier for her than the sit in motion. She thinks it is the stand in motion from AKC obedience but is beginning to understand it better now.


Recall.


And the finish! A bit crooked...

Fancy likes SchH obedience better than AKC obedience so far. It is in a big field that looks like a park. It isn't in a small enclosed ring with a stranger following closely (the judge.) It should be less stressful for her.

The bad part of this training was I got burnt on my arms, shoulders and legs. Usually I do not wear sleeveless for this reason. I am surprised about the legs. That is unusual for me, but this was the first time I've worn shorts since last summer.

No comments: