Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Lovely Wedding

Everyone looked so nice.  But my Sis stole the show!

Sisters!  I'm not actually taller, just had on taller shoes.

































My lovely sister got married in a lovely ceremony to a lovely man over the (lovely) 4th of July weekend.  I am so happy for her and her daughter and her new husband.  It really was a beautiful wedding with a gorgeous bride and a fun reception.

My mother, father and youngest brother traveled from LAX to Raleigh.  We didn't stay long but we got to see my sister's new house and some local relatives, plus some semi-local relatives who came in from out of town.  The girls got our nails done the day before, and a make up and hair done on the wedding day.

I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.  Most are taken with my phone so not amazing quality.

My sister's hair do.  Very nice.

Niece gets her hair done.

The Dress and The Back of The Dress.

Me with hair and make up done.  A very rare occurrence.

Youngest Bro looking Snazzy.

The first dance.

My Grandparents.  I particularly enjoyed Grandpap's bow tie.  Bow ties are cool.

The parents with Mom wearing Brother's jacket.  She was very cold.  Super yummy cake in background.

Selfie plus bro.

Dancing the night away.































































































































































































I kept up my running while in NC and on the fourth of July I ran into the NC Miata Club.  It was a big turn out.  Maybe 25ish cars?  I was interested to see most of them seemed to be the newest model, called the NC.  More about Miatas later.

Zoom Zoom.  Leaving the starting point for their run.


And then it was time to fly home.  I saw lots of clouds.  It was a short but wonderful trip and I am so happy I got to be there to celebrate my sister's wedding.

I noticed I neglected to mention my attention getting ploy as I was leaving the church when I fell off my wedge on my right foot and when I put my left foot down to catch myself my knee twisted and I landed in a heap (after throwing my purse into the air) with my dress over my head.  Hey- just because it is my sister's wedding doesn't mean she should get ALL of the attention.

No comments: