Sunday, June 13, 2010

This Blog Post Brought to You By...

The never ending agility trial! I'm using my mobile internet and blogging at the park. "Never ending agility trial" reminds me that when Fancy is first shaved she looks like the Luck Dragon from Never Ending Story. After the Memorial Day agility trial I drove through Pizza Hut for lunch and Fancy was on the front seat. As I was pulling away I heard the girl who served me ask her fellow employee.. "Hey- Did you ever see that movie, 'The Never Ending Story?'" I thought I knew why she was asking!

Now, catching up on a few things from the past days....

After celebrating at our house I took the hats to agility class (it is Pie and Fancy's class, Dottie just is along for the ride) and some of her friends joined in the picture taking. Stir on the left and Shasta in the middle.



I bought this toy to keep Dottie busy while she is in her crate while I'm at work. You put treats in in and they come out as she plays with the toy. Unfortunately Dottie thought it was better to chew the top off. It used to be shaped like a bowling pin. This was the first day I gave it to her. Since the missing piece was not in her crate I knew she had eaten it and after I took the picture I made her throw up to make sure she didn't get an obstruction. The pieces that came up were small enough that they would have come out fine the normal end and sure enough the next day there were bright blue rubber chunks in the potty yard. So much for that toy.

At the show over Memorial Day weekend Pie converted a new fan. A young girl sat next to her pen all day and drew this picture of her. I think it is pretty good! I especially like the way she wrote her name.



Over drill weekend a few of us spend the day pulling large bushes out of the ground using a backhoe and chain and we cut down a tree using a chainsaw. I did not do any cutting, but I did convince the guy using the chainsaw to cut the pieces small enough so they might make good firewood. Most of the pieces should fit in the fireplace. I brought all of this wood home in my car in one trip, with out even taking any of the crates out. I thought the car looked like it was riding a bit low...


And lastly, while pulling the bushes up by the roots we broke a chain. Strong bush. We were being safe and standing well back while the backhoe was at work so no one was injured but when I was loading the wood in the car I found the piece of broken chain. It had flown quite far and was very bent.



The agility trial went well on Saturday with both Fancy and Pie earning double Qs. Today they both qualified in Jumpers and I waited many, many hours in the heat for their standard runs. I put Fancy off course because I forgot where I was going and Pie knocked the first bar. That was lame. Then I wished I had gone home after jumpers rather than sticking around so long in the heat. But while we were waiting my dogs did get their nails ground down with a durmmel and apparently they really needed it.

No comments: